Saturday, October 1, 2011

In the Wee Small Hours . . . again

As I approached the boys' room this morning to wake up the youngest for school, I heard voices. Specifically, I heard Peter (the oldest) say, "Would you just go get Mom?" So I opened the door.

Well, I tried to open the door. It was locked. We don't lock doors in our house. So, irritated, I knocked.

Silence.

"It's Mom. The door is locked." Surprised voices from the other side, then my oldest child opened the door.

At 4 am, he woke to see O in his room. O said, "Hi!" and ignored all attempts to get him to go back to his own bed. Tired, Peter went back to sleep. When I arrived at 6am, O was curled up in a fetal position in Peter's bed, fast asleep.

Someone else is in my room and he won't leave has now been added to the list of "reasons it's OK to wake up Mom or Dad in the middle of the night."

No comments:

Post a Comment