Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cute 3 year old moments

  • I run a pretty structured household. We talk a lot about "the plan for the day" -- more than I had realized before S arrived and started mimicking me! S has begun telling me what she's going to do, and then say "That's the plant."
  • She tries to tell me she's "excited" about something, but it sounds like "I'm so inciting!"
  • Out of the blue statement: "Trees can't clap. Because they don't got any arms."
  • We take turns saying the blessing before dinner. At first, S didn't want a turn, but now she eagerly begs for it to be her night. When she does, her prayers are awesome jumbles of the things she hears us say and whatever is on her mind. Example: "Dear God, thank you for this wunnerful food...and people not be scared or sick or 'lone...and thank you for food and friends and I love Mommy and my plate....Amen."
  • Counting the trees as we drive down the road-- "1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 4, 11, 14, 18!"
  • Another out of the blue statement: "Horses have heads. And so do birds. Us and horses and birds all have heads."
  • Every time Mr D leaves for work, she asks him if he's going to work "again?!" Every. Single. Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment