We've finally got some traction under those tires!
- Sent all information necessary to convert the home study to our agency
- Obtained an attorney experienced in foster-to-adopt cases
- Agency home study worker edited and completed the conversion and sent it to her supervisor for review
- Supervisor reviewed it.
- Conversion as sent to DFCS. (Yay! This really was the biggest hold-up. We were on the bottom of the figurative to-do pile on the DFCS caseworker's desk until she got that paperwork.)
- DFCS employee went to Social Security office to file for an SSN for M.
- DFCS caseworker to review our home study and approve it. Then she'll send it to her supervisor (the Director)
- Director to review our home study and approve it (CW tells us the Director is usually through this step "within about 2 weeks" but emphasizes that she can't promise that -- you never know what else can suddenly drop onto the Director's plate.)
- Appointment at DFCS office to sign final intent-to-adopt paperwork
- Get a court date (Should be less than 30 days out from above appointment)